basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Reached - Ally Condie “I remember what Anna called the three of us.The Pilot. The Poet. The Physic.They are in all of us. I believe this. That every person might have a way to fly, a line of poetry to put down for others to see, a hand to heal.”I have to say… I loved the prose in this book. So many amazing lines. Especially in those final pages.I loved Matched because it was a more subtle and introspective dystopia than what people expect from such a genre – it had little action; it was a change from the usual. I didn’t find Crossed to be all that engrossing because I was expecting more from it, instead of traversing across The Carving. But Reached, oh my… Reached picked up that introspective feel again, and with the beautiful prose and characters there was so much more to love. So much more to think about. So much more to reach. Ally Condie ties the trilogy up perfectly, and if I reread Crossed I know I would enjoy it much more than I had the first time as I’d know why Crossed was Crossed – not a sequel, but rather the middle section of an overarching story. Cassia, Xander and Ky were perfect leading characters and it was sad to leave them behind as I turned the back cover of Reached and reflected on the meaning of this trilogy. Brilliant!