basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Hallowed - Cynthia Hand If I lost someone that was close to me – which I haven’t – then this would’ve been a tearjerker. I didn’t cry. However, I had that welling feeling before you shed a tear but it didn’t reach the pinnacle. ----I enjoyed Unearthly immensely when I read it just as it came out at the beginning of last year. Hallowed was a fantastic sequel, although I found there were a few things which took away that five stars. The only worry I did have was that you find out who is dying before halfway through the book and although you are mislead for the first quarter or so, it still dragged on for the rest of the book. And because of this, there was really no big climax towards end of the book – and definitely did not end in a cliffhanger. However, I guess being anticlimactic does make this sequel one to stand out from the rest as it is not a filler but rather provides you with a lot more information about Samjeeza, Clara’s mother, her father, her purpose, and answers quite a lot of the unanswered questions and events from Unearthly.What I did love the most about Hallowed however, was that it practically was all about family. Many novels disregard the family aspect of these teens’ lives but Cynthia Hand gave us a family to look to for support and guidance although they may be formed on the supernaturals. If I had a very close friend or relative pass away, then Hallowed would’ve impacted and toyed with my emotions a whole lot more. I did not though, so it did kind of be a bit of a hit-or-miss type of story which may-or-may-not resonate with the readers and their experiences.Hallowed was a fantastic sequel and I’m looking forward to how Cynthia Hand concludes this trilogy. And the love triangle in here was one I can deal with anytime, anywhere, any day of the week.