basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) - Rachel Caine I’m finally up-to-date with the series and to be completely honest, I. Will. Never. Get. Bored. Of. Reading. It….and reading about these characters. The more this series goes on, the more I feel I know the characters inside and out. In Bite Club we only saw Shane’s point-of-view beside Claire’s third-person perspective, but in Last Breath we get to see the views of Michael, Eve, Shane, and even Amelie…yes, Amelie. Reading from Amelie’s point-of-view really gave the reading experience another level as we discover the objectives of Morganville and why it was built in the middle of Texas in the first place. Morganville’s politics and overall structure is being threatened and changed with the return of Bishop (slightly), and the introduction of the new enemy—which are evidently even worse than Bishop—the draug (vampires of water nature) and their leader Magnus. And due to these fatalities and the destruction and invasion on Morganville, it is nice to know Amelie’s plans and thoughts on hers and the civilians’ circumstances. Rachel Caine never fails surprises. I am very sure you will be gasping for that—your—last breath as well.