basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Ninth Grade Slays - Heather Brewer Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer is the second in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series. The first novel didn't do much for me because it felt rushed and too brief (for example the ending), but in this sequel I liked the fact that we found out more about the vampires of this society and their origins. We got to see the traditional vampires in their native Russian habitat, learning more about them. Also Vlad's character improved so much since the first book which I liked as well. We saw character development and learnt more about Vlad's parents (mostly his father) which makes me antsy for the next three novels in the series. There is humour which was evident in the first novel that made me chuckle and smile. Vlad is a good protagonist. There is a bit of mystery that goes on but still it's not a stand-out. Could have been improved in more ways than one. All in all, a darker addition to the series which gives you a bit more insight into the vampire/slayer scenario. Oooohhh! I also LOVED that the civilised vampire was labeled as a beast still and that you shouldn't judge those that you barely know. Enjoyed that aspect of the novel.More to 3.5 stars.