basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling, the first in the world-changing, time-stopping Harry Potter series, is one of the best literary pieces of our time. It has changed the way we see the world, showing us that there is something far greater than what meets the eye. I had read this book back when it was first published. My Godmother had sent me this and the Chamber of Secrets from the UK, as they weren't internationally published or recognized yet. I was seven/eight and I absolutely loved it! It was original, creative and mind-boggling at the same time. It was what actually got me into reading, although I had read larger books before that. I remember a few months later, everyone had bought the books by then. In Primary School, I recall spending at least half of the day sitting on the floor reading Harry Potter with the rest of my class. It was just this phenomenon that began. And then a year later the first film came out, and yet again I recall going on an excursion in grade 3 to go see it at the cinemas. It was crazy! We even had a Harry Potter week. I ended up being in Gryffindor. Oh well! Moving on from my history, let's talk about Harry's.Remembering how innocent Harry Potter was and his zero knowledge of the wizarding world in the beginning of the book made me realise how each of us has a path in life to discover. It is always hidden but when things start to occur, you will find it and you will be lead onto saving the world for the sake of humanity....and wizards and witches!Harry Potter is another must-read, but rereading these for a third time I just seem to picture the film a lot more. I expect certain scenes to happen and I know what happens but then I come past some parts which weren't included in the films, making the rereading more enthralling. And to be honest, I also think this series of books and movies is the est book-screen we've ever seen. Characters match perfectly and are not annoying (cough twilight cough cough) and everything is true to the book. I''l stop :).★★★★★