basciak

Between the Lives
Jessica Shirvington
Eat, Brains, Love
Jeff Hart
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3) - Cassandra Clare I'm just going to cheat and just not do a review on this fabulous series. If you are a YA fan down to the deepest depth of your core, this series is a must-read and therefore there is no reason why I should spend my time writing reviews on these books after a month reading them when you should just go grab them RIGHT NOW! GOGOGOGOGO!Anyway I'll just review in great depth City of Fallen Angels and then next two after that to make myself happy and you too =)But here is the synopsis for City of Bones, the first in The Mortal Instruments:When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.City of Bones receives ★★★★.City of Ashes receives ★★★★★.City of Glass receives ★★★★★.